Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hamster on 2 Legs...or Martha in a Mary World

The wheel is spinning and I can't get off-or so it seems. I must confess that my life is more frantically paced than I ever imagined it would be. Do you find yourself in the same boat?

Well there is hope for you and hope for me...I love that God tells us to "Be still" and know that HE is God..."Be Still" means to let go! That is so AWESOME that God tells us to let go...I confess, it is hard to do, especially if you are a control freak like me (shocking I know).

But I want to encourage those of us who just can't stop the hamster wheel of life with these words from God's Life Giving Scripture...

Psalm 46~
God is our refuge and strength, and ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging...The LORD Almighty is with us...Be still and know that I AM God.

Such good stuff-Maybe today is the day where a decision is made to slow the pace, set the priorites and value what God has given us charge over...I'm willing to be human again how about you :D

No comments: