Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

When was I thankful today? Was it when my 7 year old started crying every 5 minutes because nothing was going his way? Was it when I took out my Turkey and couldn't find the "bag of contents" and discovered it was still partially frozen? It might have been when my 4.75 year old joined her 7 year old brother in the tears, just so he wouldn't feel alone. Was it when my 9 year old said, "mom, I've been good today right?" Then of course there was the moment my 10 year old decided that he had parental qualities and decided what was best for all of us. I was sure I had "thankfulness" written all over my face when I heard my husband ask..."hey, hon? When will the Turkey be done?"...Oh, yes for all these moments and more I was thankful.

It was a crazy day for the GORDY GANG...but when everything is stripped away and the noise of the day faded...I realized that we are all sinners that have the choice to be saved by grace. I love the verse found in Thessalonians...it says:
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I don't know where the day finds you...I pray that at some point you are able to pause and Give Thanks to Jesus Christ for who He is...for His Grace and Redemption, because really, when we realize who we are without a Savior...we cannot help but GIVE THANKS every moment of every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...not a very good day at your house! Mine was a little a better than that...had Lon's family over and they only stayed for about 3 hours including mealtime/cleanup...
after that I was challenged a bit with children and the feeling of unthankfulness that sometimes comes with parenting...all in all it was a day to be thankful for anyways as it was a day the Lord has Made so I rejoiced in it anyways!!! We can only pray that God gives us another day to start it all over again...hey you could go shopping tomorrow...if you are looking for a low key day...haha.
Blessings,
Odette