Friday, January 9, 2009

Okay, so we were just praying with our Abbie Joy, she is 4 and FULL of life! We sometimes do an "echo prayer" this is where I pray and she echo's what I say...well she was being just a "wee" bit stubborn and so I said "Lord, please break my stubborn will" (you won't find this in parenting 101) she paused and said "what does that mean" to which I replied "it means you want to be obedient" she said confidently "No I don't!" than smiled...

Whoa Nelly...I laughed and thought how is that not like me...Paul reminds us that we struggle with what is right and wrong, the things we KNOW we should do we don't and the things we know we SHOULDN'T do we do...

This year more than ever, I long to grow in holiness, to be more like Jesus, to allow my children to see choices made that are pleasing to God, not choices that are full of questions as to why....simple things like what movies I see, what television we watch...alcohol is not in our home...but helping my kids see the reason why it is not...
I really want to hear my Savior say to me WELL DONE MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT...I fear I have many bruises to show for all of the times I fall flat on my face in this day to day life...I want my children to know that when the make the decision to follow Jesus, it's serious! Matthew 7:13-14 says: (and this is Jesus talking)..."Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
I don't know about you, but as we live out this walk with Jesus, I pray that people see a very "human" being full of flaws but a "human" who is saved by grace and not content to live a tolerant life or walk...I don't want to be stagnant...I really do want people to see something different..(okay, we ALL know I'm different :0)...but I don't want to go with the flow just to go...

Wow, who knew such a simple bed time prayer would stir up so many thoughts ;D

No comments: