Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wonderment~

Like many of you I suppose, I LOVE this time of year! All of the lights, Christmas Carols being sung by secular and sacred...it really is an amazing time of year. I think that people have a sense of Hope-and yet, with that said, it can be one of the most difficult times as well. The depression rate is highest at Christmas, Domestics are up...it is tense. Jesus said, "In this world you WILL have trouble...but be of good cheer for I HAVE OVERCOME the world. That is such an awesome and profound truth! If we could just see Jesus in the midst of the "yuck" of life, I think our focus would be different.
I have found myself wondering what it was like the days after Christ was born, Who heard the news of a Savior being born, who believed the unbelievable? What did Joseph and Mary talk about? The shepherds must have been in a state of shock at what their days held...I mean can you even imagine?
I don't know what your days are like, but my prayer is that none of us "miss" the news of THE SAVIOR coming to give us life, hope, grace...strength in the times we are our weakest...EMMANUEL, GOD WITH US~ Rejoice in that this season, celebrate the King of all kings-may He be our focus!

No comments: