Wednesday, December 16, 2009

DINOSAURS

One of my favorite artists wrote a song called I'M DANCING WITH THE DINOSAURS...it was a great song! I feel a little bit like a "Dinosaur" in today's culture. I don't have the latest phone that has over 100 thousand apps. In fact the other day I went without my cell phone and I have to tell you it was WONDERFUL!!! I don't have the latest laptop or software, we don't have the WII or Xbox or whatever else there is...We have a car from 1995 that we drive...all this to say that every now and again one could feel ancient or "out of touch", but I think I'm beginning to be okay with that! Not that having all the greatest and latest is wrong...I just don't want to buy into the myth that "I need it"...I don't.
The dinosaurs grew to be extinct...but I know a few of us "human dinos" who are going strong and maybe, just maybe we will bring back the days of dancing with the dinosaurs :0)

No comments: