Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bowling 101

It was my Birthday today, and we thought we would celebrate by going bowling with the kids! Our church has bowling night every Monday, and tonight was the end celebration with Pizza and Pop...I tell ya, what could be better!

Well, our 9 yr old daughter released her bowling ball and then turned her back, she didn't watch to see what the result would be...she got a STRIKE~but she didn't believe us when we told her. It was all we could do to convince her that the X on the score board was right.

I think that my walk with Jesus is sometimes like Hannah's bowling experience. I often feel as though I take a step, do what I think is "my part", taking my eyes off of my Savior, ...turn and walk the other way going on with the "chores of life"

I want so much less of me and MORE OF JESUS...every day! The older I get the more I am seeing that the pursuit of Jesus is everything...I want my kids to see a Godly woman who's eyes are fixed on Jesus, a Godly wife who is biblically submissive to her husband, A Godly mom who is teaching and training what it means to live a life of integrity.... Most days, I'm afraid I throw the "bowling ball and turn away" but by the grace of God...I will start seeing the completion of the strike!

No comments: