Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CONSTANT~

Yesterday has passed me by, today is all I see
Who knows what tomorrow brings, it all remains unseen
In a world that is always spinning I long for something that remains the same
Be the Constant in the change-Jesus be my Firm Foundation
Be the Rock on which I stand all other ground is sinking sand

I wrote this song awhile back in the midst of feeling tossed about with the ferocious pace of this world we live in.  Our culture spins with such velocity that I can feel unsteady. 
I often need to be reminded that the ONLY thing/ONE who does NOT ever change is JESUS CHRIST!  He remains the SAME, yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8).


This past week has been one of those leaning and learning moments, wondering the wisdom in what God is doing...isn't that crazy? I a mere human wondering at God's higher ways...Whoa!  What I take refuge in is that God already knows my thoughts and my questions and He alone knows the big picture of all He is doing and working in.  Someone I love, reminded me today to Trust and continue to do what God has called me to do for His glory because truthfully that is all that matters.  


I am basking in the fact that my Savior is STEADY, CONSISTENT, MIGHTY, FAITHFUL, UNDERSTANDING, GRACIOUS, ALL KNOWING, ALL SEEING, ALL POWERFUL AND CONSTANT!



1 comment:

Bkwestman said...

Hey Wendy! Great lyrics! Praying for you... what's up?