Monday, May 14, 2012

Living Lessons

I have just entered the land of 40 and yet, I'm not sure I am all the wiser for it. There are times in my life where I feel like I'm 3 years old all over again, lessons I thought I had learned just circle back around and I see that I still have much learning to do.  
This past week I received an email that challenged me to re-think how we worship.  I really wrestled with the email and the intent behind it.  I stared asking questions to Thee God who created me to be ME, not another type of Worship Leader, Mom or Wife...asking Him what makes me uniquely ME?!? 
I wanted to take the best part of the advice from the email and see it for what it was-but honestly God showed me that He has been leading me and has given gifts all for His glory.  I realized by God's grace that I don't need to be anyone else, but I do need to be obedient to how He has wired me and take the responsibility He's given seriously, not manipulate the morning or situation...because ultimately HE is the ONE who stirs the soul and heart and worship by it's nature is NOT ABOUT ME at all-but about HIM!
Now, I'd like to say that this will be a lesson learned...but, well...if I'm honest-I'm pretty sure I'll land, once again, in the place of feeling like I'm 3 years old with MUCH to learn!

No comments: